All patients scheduled for an appointment will be notified by phone 24-48 hours before the appointment. We ask that each patient arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the appointment to verify and update patient information such as telephone numbers, address and insurance information. Patients are asked to give at least a 24-hour notice should they need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. There may be a $100 charge on any appointment not cancelled at least 24-hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
Laboratory, Radiology, and Other Results
If you have any laboratory, radiology, or other tests performed, please ask your doctor at the time of your visit when you will be notified of the results. Unless told otherwise; you should receive your results within one week’s time. If you have not received either a written or verbal response within one week, please call our office.
Please bring your medications, (both prescribed and over-the-counter) to your appointment visits. It is important to keep your medications and any allergies updated in your health record.
Please note, the following is a guideline when requesting prescription refill:
- If you have a current prescription and no changes have been made to your medication dosage, please contact your pharmacy directly to place a refill request.
- Your doctor must review and approve all refill requests. To ensure that she is available, please make your request 72 hours in advance.
- Some conditions may require an office visit with your doctor before your prescription refill can be approved. Please understand that this requirement helps us to provide optimum care and management of your condition, as well as to monitor the ongoing effectiveness of your medication.
- If you are using a new pharmacy, have changes to your prescription, or are taking a medication that requires a written prescription, please call the Clinic at (503) 325-5300 and a message will be taken for your doctor. Again, please allow 72 hours for this transaction to be completed. Written prescriptions can be picked up during regular business hours at the reception desk.
- Refill requests after 3:00 pm on Fridays, after business hours, or on weekends or holidays will be processed the next clinic business day.
Patients play a vital role in the success of their healthcare by actively participating with the physician and staff in their treatment. By contributing and adhering to a prescribed treatment plan, the patient increases his or her chances for a successful outcome.
The physicians of Pacific Family Medicine, ask their patients to abide by the following responsibilities:
- Provide your physician with accurate and complete information regarding symptoms, complaints, past illnesses, medication history and hospitalizations relating to your health.
- Report perceived risks and unexpected changes in your condition and provide feedback relating to the prescribed course of treatment.
- Ask questions. If you do not understand the treatment plan, please ask for clarification.
- Follow and do not deviate from the course of treatment. Not complying with the treatment plan may result in a less successful outcome.
- Pay financial obligations in a timely manner. Our billing clerk is available to assist you with your financial concerns.
Thank you for choosing Pacific Family Medicine as your medical healthcare provider. In order to provide you, our customer, with the best possible service you will need to understand our payment policy:
- We will bill your insurance company as a courtesy to you. To do so, we will require that you present an updated insurance card at each office visit. If you have no health insurance, or present no insurance card, we will then collect the actual amount due at the time of service.
- If your insurance company requires co-payments and/or deductibles they are due at the time of service. A $15.00 service fee will be added to any copayment not paid at time of service.
- Your remaining account balance at Pacific Family Medicine is due within 30 days of insurance settlement; denial of payment due to deductible, co-insurance, or denial for no coverage. All accounts are due and payable within 60 days from date of service.
- All commercial, self pay and Medicare patients will be assessed a “no show” fee of $100.00 for a missed appointment. The fee will be charged directly to the patient.
- Should you need to make other payment arrangements, or have questions regarding your bill please call our billing office at (503) 836-5156. Delinquent accounts will be referred to a professional agency for collection.
- You are responsible for the timely payment of your account. Should it be necessary for us to use an outside agency to collect payment from you, you will be additionally responsible for whatever charges we incur as a result of this.
- For your convenience, our clinic accepts cash, check, MasterCard and VISA as forms of payment.
Referral Notice and Patient Choice
Patient Choice requires that:
- Health care providers must ensure that a Transfer of Care (TOC) for diagnostic test, health care treatment, or service is based on the patient’s clinical needs and personal health choices. Our clinic will assist in obtaining authorizations and referrals. Patients will verify and assume participation of insurance and payment responsibility.
- If the patient chooses to have the diagnostic test, health care treatment, or service at a facility other than the one recommended by a practitioner, the patient is responsible for determining the extent of coverage or the limitation on coverage for the diagnostic test, health care treatment, or service at the facility chosen by the patient; and
- A health care practitioner may not deny, limit or withdraw a referral solely because the patient chooses to have the diagnostic test, health care treatment, or service at a facility other than the one recommended by the health practitioner.
- Patients may talk with their provider about their choices when a referral is made.
- Patients may also receive additional written information and/or have specific questions answered by the clinic manager.